On May 15, 2016 Mr. Bean and I welcomed into the world our beautiful son, James. (Pictured above. Photo by Jessica Micheletti of Caked Imagery) James being our second child, I felt that this time around I was a little more prepared than I was with our first child, Olivia. Well, at least I would like to keep telling myself I am more prepared. What I found with my first child, is that there are so many great products out there that would have made my life so much easier if I had known about them in the beginning. I wanted to share these items with my readers, in the hopes that it makes your lives easier too.
- Pampers Swaddlers– All my fellow mamas out there know what I am talking about when I say “Diaper Blowout”. These infamous Diaper Blowouts have been known to take out some pretty adorable outfits in their path of destruction. As a first time mom I didn’t even think about the possibility of destructive diapers when registering for my baby shower. Well, after several diaper blowouts, and experimenting with every diaper brand in existence. The only diaper that seemed to work for me was Pampers Swaddlers. I have used swaddlers since Olivia was three months old, and went straight to them as my diaper choice for James. So far (keep your fingers and toes crossed) I have not had any problems.
- Milkies Milk Saver– A friend of mine recently told me about this little secret, and I am OBSESSED! Milkies are these plastic pouches that you wear in replacement of nursing pads. For me, I wear my milkies at night while I am sleeping. What Milkies does is it keeps and saves all the milk that leaks out of your breasts so that you can pour it into a bottle for use or freeze for milk storage. How cool is that?
- Fisher Price Rock and Play– Neither of my babies were ever able to sleep flat in their bassinet. The moment I would lay them down they would both immediately wake up and I would be up all night with a crying baby. What I have found is that the Fisher Price Rock and Play is a great alternative to the bassinet. It pays for itself in just one night, by giving mama a full nights sleep. The slopped design enables the baby to sleep on their backs but at an elevated angle. Also, the Rock and Play does just as it’s name says. You are able to rock it back and forth, while it plays soothing lullaby music.
- MOBY Wrap– James, like all babies, loves to constantly be held and snuggled. I recently purchased a MOBY wrap and it is the perfect way to keep James snuggled up close to me, and still be able to complete my everyday chores such as cooking, cleaning, or running after my toddler.
- Honest Company Baby Basics– I am OBSESSED with the Honest Company products. These products are not only Eco-friendly and free of harsh chemicals, but they are an affordable alternative to other products in the market. My favorite baby products by the Honest Company are probably the organic baby powder and the baby rash cream, but you will love any of the products that you try.
- Petunia Pickle Bottom Diaper Bag– It is far too difficult for me to carry a Toddler, a new baby, a diaper bag and a purse. So what I have done is merge my purse and my diaper bag together. Petunia Pickle Bottom makes this so easy, with their abundance of pockets and their stylish designs. There is also an additional diaper clutch that you can purchase, which I use as a wallet/bag for my personal items, to keep them separate and easily accessible. The back pack feature is awesome for when you have both hands full and are unable to carry a bag.